Tuesday, October 16, 2007

QUOTES

QUOTES

• About her co-star Adam Brody:
"I tend to call him Seth in real life, actually! And he does the same thing to me . . . calling me Summer instead of Rachel after we've shot a scene together. He's not dorky as Seth in real life.

• About her character Summer Roberts:
"When she sets out to get something she wants, she gets it!"

• On playing Summer:
"It's great playing someone who is not like me at all. I'm really a nice girl, so it's fun to be a bitch, then come home and be myself again. When I meet people now, they're surprised that I'm a good person."


• On what book is laying on her bedside table:
"Probably, Green eggs and ham by Dr. Seuss...No it's not"

• On what she looks for in a guy:
"I like a guy who can make fun of me and make fun of himself. He's got to have a sense of humor. A guy can be the most beautiful thing in the world but if he opens his mouth and he's not interesting it won't work."

• On how she compares to Summer:
"Alot of people are surprised by how nice I am. Summer and I are both driven, but I'm not snobby. I'm a pretty good conversationalist and I like meeting new people."

• On her best friend, Lea:
“I live with my best friend, Lea – we went to high school together and we’re like sisters. Lea is the Chris Kattan to my Will Ferrel. The Owen to my Luke [Wilson], the Wayne to my Garth."

• About her first scene on "The OC":
"My first scene on the show, I showed up on set and they're like 'here's your little bikini, here's your little miniskirt. Now go out on the freezing beach and be drunk and basically molest Ben's character, Ryan.' Ryan, ohmigod! I was like, 'alright, cool!'"

• On her favorite album:
"My favorite albumn ever is Jeff Buckley's GRACE. I feel a weird unexplainable connection to him."

• On playing Summer:
"I love the fact that we play people who are not like us at all and we can just go crazy at work and then be very normal after filming."

• About learning lines:
"I have to do that and I don't find it hard. If I don't, I'll lose my job! In fact, I should be learning lines tonight, but I won't - I'm off to see a band called Modest Mouse and then have a few drinks. I'm not working tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to kicking back..."

• On her current working environment:
"I feel very lucky to work in the environment that I work in. I'm surrounded by people that I love and care about and who make me laugh every day. I get to work with my friends and you really can't ask for more than that."

• Some words of wisdom:
"I really do believe that if someone tries hard enough, they can get what they want. If you put all your effort towards something, you're going to be rewarded. The trick is to not give up. If you don't, anything can happen."

• On what clothes she likes to masquerade around in:
"Men's underwear and wifebeaters."

• Some words of wisdom #2:
"I feel like you have to be who you are and be true to yourself first, always. You can't worry about how your're going to be perceived by other people. I have a quote that my mom taught me: 'It's none of my business what other people think of me.'"

No comments: